11 Free iPad Applications for Movie Lovers
We’ve talked much about games, books and productivity apps for the iPad.
Now it is high time to discuss movies, how to watch them, where to find what you need, how to decide on the cinemas and check showtimes.
There follows a list of eleven free applications which are must-have for everyone who loves movies. The iPads House writing team chose apps of various kinds in order to embrace as many needs that might appear as possible.
Please let us know if you have your favorite movie apps for iPad which are not mentioned below.
1. IMDb Movies & TV: Everything you wanted to know about the celebrities, movies and TV is here, no need to get anything else. This free app is one of the biggest resources to check anything connected with movies where 1.5 million titles means a lot to say nothing of the 3.2 million celebrities to get acquainted with. The iPad app will let you be updated on the showtimes at the nearest theatres, will propose TV listings for your time zone, tell you about the new movies in advance. What is special about IMDb Movies & TV is that you can rate movies and shows so that other people will get relevant information about them.
2. Live from the Red Carpet: Every time I hear the words Red Carpet I forget what I was thinking about. This application is a wonderful godsend for everyone interested in fashion, celebrities, awards, etc. Beautifully designed Live from the Red Carpet doesn’t make you waste your time on getting used to the interface, it’s simple and user-friendly. Check celebrity news, approaching red carpet events, watch interviews and enjoy the best fashion photos. All the famous awards: The Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Grammy Awards and many others are listed here, right on your iPad.
3. Netflix: Once downloaded to your iPad, the app lets you watch movies and TV shows available at Netflix. All you need for it is this app and free Netflix membership. There are no restrictions as to how often you may watch whatever you want just do it as you prefer. What I like about this app is that it remembers where you stopped watching so next time you start it you can easily resume watching this very title from the place where you stopped last time. You will also be able to read reviews and look through the movie information via Netflix.
4. Movies Now HD: All I can say is, Wow! One can purchase tickets to cinemas with this free iPad app and feel safe about the credit card information. It is a nice way to save some time one will alternatively wait in a queue. It gets the movies beautifully organized and pleasant to look through. When you find something that interests you‚ just tap the movie poster and get all the additional information. If you feel like going out to watch a movie you can easily check what cinemas are close to you and later add your favorite ones to your list of these places.
5. Movies by Flixster, with Rotten Tomatoes Free: This free application will prove to be useful for finding and watching high quality movie trailers, upcoming movies, check 50.000 movies that are available here, read reviews. There is also a map of the theatres included so you won’t need to spend much time making up your mind where exactly to go. You will find an opportunity to buy or rent movies right from the iTunes very useful. Moreover the Want-to-See list will save you trouble of frantically searching for what to see when the time comes‚ once I have been choosing a movie for more than an hour and a half. Certainly it was before I had this app on my iPad.
6. Fandango Movies‚Times & Tickets: This app is a movie ticketing service which also offers quite a lot of other useful features. You will never be late for movies – Fandango Movies will take care of organizing your going to the cinema. Quickly find out what movies are shown in your area, choose a movie theatre, decide on the time to go and do it! Add the theatres you have already visited to your favorites. By the way you can also search for a theatre by such things as stadium seating, wheelchair accessibility, etc.
7. GetGlue for iPad: Get together with your friends and meet new people within this app, check out what they are watching, listening to or reading at this moment. This social network will not only propose nice content but also let you get to know the people around you better. Feel free to look through what’s new, rate things you’ve watched, read and listened to in order to get recommendations on what similar titles you might try later. Should you find anything very special share it!
8. Miso ‚ Social TV: This app can be used to mark what you are watching and get connected with your friends. Besides you will always know what your friends or family members are watching and keep up-to-date with their interests. Prove that you care about their interests and like and comment what they are watching. Or chat with any of them about what you have recently watched. Miso is connected to Facebook and Twitter which will make things much simpler for you. It is also possible here to create lists of favorites.
9. Wigglehop Movies and Showtimes with Facebook, Twitter, SMS and Email: The first thing I’d like to say about Wigglehop is how simple, clean and neat this app is. You can create movie listings and send them out through Twitter and Facebook. Choose your favorite theatres, select the movies you are like, see the showtimes to never miss anything interesting. Everybody knows how hard it is to try to remember all the movies you’d like to watch in advance. Now you can easily create a list of them and check with it whenever you feel like watching something.
10. Film Study: Have you ever though that film industry is something one needs to study to have a good knowledge of? Film Study lets you see the films available at public domains, notice mistakes in them and discuss these awkward moments. But the main idea is of course enjoying the best masterpieces of the world’s cinematography. I like that some free apps do not push unnecessary features and just let you spend time with what you’ve been looking for.
11. EW’s Must List (from Entertainment Weekly): Again there is no need to search for something special, new and interesting. Every week you will get a new list of the best movies, books, TV shows, games, music, apps, etc. Of course only if you have EW’s Must List. Look through the list and check additional information for every title. After you get to know the new picks you can buy anything you like via iTunes. Create a Must List of your own with the titles you love.
You might also like to read:
Tags: Free iPad Apps