How to Convert an E-Book Into an iBook Format for iPad
Reading a book with your iPad can be very convenient especially if you’re a student. However, viewing a PDF file in an iPad is not possible without you converting the file into an iBook format. You can convert the PDF file to run in the iPhone for free, using Calibre. This is a popular iPad book converter software.
Here are the steps on how to convert your e-bookinto an iBook:
1. The first thing for you to do is to download and install the caliber e-book converter. The software will vary in each version, and will operate in Mac. Unfortunately, users using Windows will have problems in viewing the tutorial process.
2. Get the PDF file that needs to be converted.
3. Running the calibre converterwill take the user to a quick setup. Make sure you specify your e-books folder. This is where your ePub files will be saved.
4. After setting the eBooks folder, click on continue and select Apple from the manufacturers list, which includes iPhone, iTouch, iPad + Stanza from the Devices list.
5. After doing step 4, you need to click on continue to be able to see the main calibre interface. To import your file into calibre, click on the Add books button at the top top-left corner of the window.
6. Click on the small arrow next to the Edit Meta information, then select Download metadata and cover files. This will be time calibre will download your saved PDF file. eBooks need to be entered manually including the title of the book and the name of the author if it’s not present when you initially load it to calibre.
7. After you finish downloading the e-book meta information, click on the arrow next to the convert E-books button. Select Convert individually from the visible list. Once you’re prompted with the summary window before calibre makes the final conversion, click on the OK button.
8. After the conversion is finished, you can locate the ePub file you save on step 3. Connect your iPad to your MAC or PC, and launch the iTunes. To import the ePub file select Add to Library from iTunes menu select File. The converted ePub file will now appear on Books section of iTunes.
9. The final thing for you to do is, selecting your iPad in iTunes and select on the Books tab. After confirming the list of your new ePub book, click the Sync button, and you’re good to go.
The steps that I have provided are actually used by millions of iPad users. Hopefully this will work with you too! Good luck and have a great time reading e-books on your iPad.
You might also like to read:
Incoming search terms:
- book file for ipad
- Convert iBook to Windows
- ebook to ibook converter software
- how to format a book into ibook
- lit book converter for ipad
- summary of ibook format