Magical Applications for iPad: Make Things Done Quickly
Today we are going to speak about magic. But I am sorry to say that if you’ve brought your wands, brooms, cloaks and potions you won’t need them.
All your equipment is your iPad and access to the iTunes.
Would you like to see some magic?
Get the following apps into your iPad and see how quickly things will get done with them. And by the way you can leave a comment if you’ve learned a new spell with another iPad app and the iPads House writing team will add points to your House.
1. iWork: Some people believe that iPad is not very convenient for typing and they might be somewhat right. But still there is no need for a crouch start in an attempt to get all the necessary work done on a more familiar PC.
The solution is ready to arrive at your tablet iWork magical app for iPad which includes Pages for handling text documents, Numbers for spreadsheets and Keynote for creating presentations.
All in all it will cost you $30 but it is worth the price as you won’t need to get back to editing Microsoft files on the computer.
2. Air Display: If till this day you strongly believed that what you have had was just a tablet you were wrong iPad can easily become an extra monitor for your Mac or Windows PC.
All you need for that is Air Display available for £5.99.
What I like about this magical iPad application is that having my iPad as the second screen I can literally work with it touching it to say nothing of how convenient it is!
You will have almost twice as much space which means you will be able to increase your productivity.
3. Flipboard: Have you ever had a feeling when things seem good but something is missing and you are restlessly trying to understand what it is?
You will never have such a feeling again when searching the Web in case you have Flipboard.
This magical app for iPad makes everything look much better and presents it in a magazine format. Over and above you can easily customize this magazine choosing your friends’ blogs, best friends on Facebook or Twitter feeds – this freedom is amazing.
Moreover Flipboard is free.
4. Star Walk: Did you like astronomy at school? Did you have good maps and nice visual aids? I didn’t.
Probably it made me check this magical iPad application which is just $4.99 and play with it for many hours open-mouthed. Star Walk is a time machine you can watch the sky as it is now or as it used to be thousands of years ago.
It also has Wikipedia links, pictures of the day and shows the phases of the Moon and information about other planets. To top it all the graphics of Star Walk is stunning 3D so looking at the globe and choosing places to explore will be more exciting than ever.
5. SketchBook Pro: With SketchBook Pro you can draw. Even if you never could.
The tools, user-friendliness, the canvas, layers, and modes everything is created for making your painting experience more intuitive and productive. Save your drawings to your library and share them with your family and friends.
Undoing and redoing is possible on 10 levels which is also nice. Doodling can turn into high-class painting after some time of practice on SketchBook Pro. $7.99 is a good price taking into account the fact that your paintings will cost millions in a couple of hundred years.
6. Netflix: Free TV shows and movies for iPad will flood your tablet after you’ve got this app which is available or free.
The app will remember where you stopped watching and resume playing from that moment once you switch it on again.
Search for movies and work your instant queue. The catalogue of movies and TV shows is so long that you will never have to spend hours choosing what to watch (as I sometimes do).
7. Fruit Ninja: Every time you want something juicy you might go and get some apples and oranges or purchase this game for $4.99 and quench your thirst. Or perhaps you’ve had a terrible week and would like to slaughter a couple of preys so in order to avoid terrible consequences and not be imprisoned this magical iPad application will also be the one to help you.
Move eight fingers across the screen and slash juicy fruits scattering in the air. Become a ninja and show your friends what you are capable of in the Duel.
8. Instapaper: You’ve been reading something very interesting but then you had to go somewhere where there’s no Internet connection so all you’ve got to do is forget about reading. Now things will be different.
Get Instapaper for $4.99 and save web pages to read them later whenever you want to. Articles, blogs, magazines and any other material will always be with you.
Choose your text size and margins, look up unknown words in the dictionary, have up to 500 articles for offline reading on your tablet.
9. Pandora Radio: Evolution is an unpredictable thing they used to say that TV and movie theatres would kill theatres, mp3s and mobile phones would kill radio and people would wear clothes like the ones Spock did.
Well, it’s difficult to predict the future: we still go to theatres, listen to radio and dress ourselves nicely. Pandora Radio is a well-known app which is in fact a personalized radio.
Once you put in the information about your favorite artists and bands Pandora will open its box but instead of evils it will contain your favorite songs only.
10. Evernote: First of all it’s a free and magical app for iPad. Second it will structure your ideas. Third it can be all sorts of ideas put down a couple of stanzas for your new poem, arrange photos for a collage you will present your girlfriend with, hum a melody to work at it later.
Your opportunities are limited though. They are limited by your imagination and blue-sky thinking. Evernote will never let you lose a precious moment of your life just get it in there.
You might also like to read: