Printing from Your iPad
You might wonder if you can print the pictures or files you have previously saved on your iPad. The fact that the iPad does not currently include a built-in printing function, or has a USB port used to connect it to a desktop printer, makes it look like printing from the iPad is impossible.
Almost nothing is impossible with the iPad. So printing from this tablet can also become a reality. It’s actually possible to print files from your iPad with the bunch of apps, both free and paid, available in the App store.
Most printing applications cost up to $10. But they suit different situations. So when you are ready to get your printing app, chose it carefully. Base your purchase on what you wish to print, or what is the brand/model of your printer.
Some apps may print only photos and may work with specific brand of printer. Others may require network printer and some may use your computer as a bridge to the printer.
Let’s take a quick review of a few iPad printing applications.
1. PrintCentral. EuroSmartz. This application allows you printing almost anything from your iPad. It costs $9.99 and has many good responds from the customers. You can even print wirelessly using this app, and it doesn’t matter if you are connected to the printer by iPad Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB cable. It has some extra features also. It can mount your tablet as an external hard drive, print SMS messages and contacts’ info. It’s pretty cool.
2. Print Magic. Wellala, Inc. This application is designed for iPhone OS. But it can be used on the iPad too. It can print web pages, pictures and text. It’s perfect for HP printers and OEM printers (Canon, Epson, etc). Its price is $6.99.
3. ePrint. Microtech Corp. Even though this is a budget printer app (only $2.99), it can still do many good things: print web pages, PDF files and downloaded pictures. Still it is not a full-featured printing application for your iPad. We hope you understand this. For example, ePrint will not print directly from your other iPad apps.
4. iPrint. Epson. This application is free, and it is perfect for those who have an Epson printer at home. One thing. This printer is designed to print photographs and nothing else.
5. ACTPrinter. Houdah Software. This is an unusual printer. It doesn’t print from PC to paper. It prints from your PC onto your iPad screen. The price is $0.99. What you can do with it? You can easily carry different information in your device, such as shopping lists and to-do lists.
You might also like to read:
Incoming search terms:
- ipad is ready to print and doesnt
- ipad print jailbreak